This 10/100Base Ethernet to 100Base-FX fiber media converter is designed for CPE applications when installed in or connection to the RC-CH-11-x unmanaged media converter platform or in stand-alone point to point applications. The converter supports auto negotiation on the copper Ethernet side as well as forced mode.
With advanced features like LFP (Link Fault Pass-thru), FEF (Far-End Fault), Switch mode (store & forward,1600 Bytes maximum frame size) or Converter mode (100/Full to 100/Full, low latency, 9K Bytes packet support), this media converter is targeted for customer premises equipment in metro LAN, campus, enterprise and FTTx applications.
By offering simple DIP switch settings, this converter can provide complete control over all converter settings including duplex and speed configuration. This media converter is completely transparent to Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols including IEEE 802.1q, VLAN tag, Q in Q, STP, IPX, IP, etc.
– Auto-Cross over for MDI/MDIX in TP port
– Supports far end fault (FEF) function
– Auto-Negotiation or Manual mode in TP port
– Supports link fault pass through (LFP) function
– Support LED indicators
– Support Converter mode or switch mode function operation
– Packet lengths up to 1600 bytes in Switch mode, or the packet length is not limited in Converter mode
– Extremely lightweight due to the designed plastic cover.